Red jasper is strengthening the body and help it to recover from fatigue and weakness. It is an excellent stone to use in the bath and to gather new strength after illness. It stimulates circulation and increases physical strength and has a strong protective effect on the aura.
Spiritual use – If you’re starting a new project use red jasper in your meditation. It helps to create the physical energy you need to turn ideas into action. It makes you feel the joy of life, enthusiasm and gratitude for your life experiences.
The stone is very grounding. If you feel shaky or generally confused, take your red jasper in the hand to center yourself again.
Chakra – The Root chakra is related to instinct, security, and survival and also to basic human potentiality.
Care & Safety
We recommend that you wash and recharge your crystal when you receive it. You can wash your crystal using a gentle liquid soap and warm water. If you’re using your crystal for healing or your spiritual practice, you have several options for cleansing and recharging your stones.
- Soaking your crystal in salt water overnight is an easy option. Fill a container with warm water, add 1-2 tbsp (17-35 g) of sea salt, and stir until the salt dissolves. Place your crystal in the salt water and leave it to soak overnight. Finally, rinse the stones with warm water. Using salt water is a traditional way of cleansing crystals used for your spiritual practice. It’s believed that the salt releases negative energy and acts as a spiritual disinfectant.
- Purify and charge your crystal under a full or waning moon. Put your stones in a safe place outdoors or on a windowsill. Leave your crystal under the light of the moon overnight. Retrieve your stones in the morning and use them in your practice. In crystal healing communities, moonlight is used to add vibrations to a stone.
- Rinse your crystal under rain water for 5 minutes. Place your crystal in a colander. Put the colander outside in the falling rain, then let the water fall over the stones for about 5 minutes. It is believed that running water can neutralize negative energy and give it back to the earth.
- Smudge your stones with Palo Santo, sage, sweet grass, or cedar smoke. Use a smudge stick or place loose sage leaves, sweet grass, or cedar in an incense bowl. Light the smudge stick or loose smudging material. Then, pass your crystal through the smoke 3 times to cleanse and recharge it. You can leave the smudge to burn or you can put it out once the crystal is purified.
- Bury your stone for 24 hours to release negative energy and recharge it. Dig a shallow hole in the dirt outside your home. Place the crystal in the hole and cover it with dirt. Leave the stones under the dirt for at least 1 day before digging them up. After you unbury your stones, rinse them under warm water to clean off any dirt or debris. It’s okay to use soap and water to clean the dirt off your stone.
Each crystal is unique as it is a natural material and might vary from the photo.